Coordinates : 48.54547,-1.49872
48┬░32.728 N 1┬░29.923 W
A small marker designating the site of an old US airfield on the western side of Route des Gaudelles Boucey in the Pontorson suburb of Le Tertre Burel.
Take the A84 SW from Caen to Avranches and then follow the N175 SW to Pontorson, heading W on the D975 when it splits off outside of town then taking the D975 S. At Le Tertre Burel take the Route des Gaudelles Boucey N. The monument is on the W side of the road.
In memory of the American airbase (1944)
and of the 66th Airdrome Squadron and 9th Air Corps commanded by Maj Changy Juday
Monument inaugurated on July 13th 1999 in the presence of Unity Veteran Malcolm Finley
Notified by : Pierre P├ęcastaingts.
Record added 16/08/2010 12/12/2019. Photos : C├ędric Sauteraud (27/07/2010), R├ęgis Biaux (07/11/2019).
The photos are under copyright. They may not be reproduced, modified, distributed in any support without prior permission. You are free to make links to this page.