Coordinates : 49°20'41"N 0°58'49"W
49°20.683 N 0°58.817 W
To the East of La Cambe along the D204, 340m to the North of the bridge on the N13.
Vertical stone marker with a plaque commemorating American aviators on the side of the D204. Dedicated to the 48th Fighter Group and the 492nd, 493rd, and 494th Fighter Squadrons, located at ALG A-4 from June 18th to September 5th, 1944. The valiant pilots and support personnel played a key role in the victory of the Allied forces during WWII. 493rd FTR SQDN ASSN(WWII)
To the 48th Fighter Group and the 492nd, 493rd, and 494th Fighter Squadrons based out of the A4 airfield from June 18th to September 7th, 1944.